Not feeling the usual carved pumpkins this year? Try something different, and make these cool Chalkboard Jack-O-Lanterns!
- Pumpkins! I used mini-pumpkins, but a full sized one would work just as well!
- Chalkboard Spray Paint
- Masking Tape or Painter’s Tape.
1. Use the Masking Tape to cover the stems. As you can see in the photo below, this is a great way to use pumpkins that aren’t as pretty as the rest, though you’ll want a smooth surface to make it easy to write and draw on.
2. Spray Paint! Follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Mine called for 2 coats, then letting them dry for 24 hours.
3. Remove the tape when the spray paint is dry, then embellish & decorate your cool Jack-O-Lanterns with chalk! That’s it!
Draw faces, write messages, or add your initial for a cool monogram. Best of all, if you mess up or don’t like what you’ve drawn, you can just erase and start over!!
Have fun! Let me know in the comments if you try out this fun DIY.