- 6 Large Baking Apples.
- 1/2 cup Caramel Topping (plus extra for topping)
- 2/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (plus extra for topping)
1. Peel and core the apples, and slice them into very thin slices. In a bowl, combine them with Caramel Topping, and mix with a spatula. Line a 9” x 9” baking pan, and dump in the Apple Caramel mixture.
2. In the same bowl, combine the oatmeal, brown sugar, and flour. Cut the cold butter into small pieces, and combine first with a spatula, and then your hands until it resembles a coarse meal. Pour this into the baking pan, and mix together. Sprinkle a pinch of kosher salt on top.
3. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Putting It Together
You can just serve the Apple Crumble by itself, but we can do even better. I think it’s perfect in a waffle cone with a little extra caramel and a dash of sea salt.
You can also combine it with whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream and enjoy it a la mode. (Of course, be ready with a bowl, because if the Apple Crumble is hot, your ice cream and caramel will get drippy fast!!)